Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Physical Dumping ...with Download Manager

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ali .NET_*

Guest_Ali .NET_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:04 AM

Hi All,

I started downloading VS 2008 from microsoft website 2 days ago. It's more than 3 gb file. The site directed me to install a Download Manager ActiveX control. As microsoft's website is trustworthy enough I selected to install that ActiveX and my downloading started.

Today when it was already downloaded approx 65% of the file, it started giving me blue screen (physical dump of memory... error) and my system getting restarts with this blue screen.

Within few minutes of starting the Download manager to resume my download, it gets crash everytime. Otherwise system seems to be working OK.

Please help me in this regard.

Ali

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

What does the Blue Screen error message say (including the numbers).
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Guest_Ali .NET_*

Guest_Ali .NET_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:45 AM

Well.. After posting this query, its successfully downloading.. :-( :-). If it will happen again I will post the message including numbers.

Thanks for your reply.

What does the Blue Screen error message say (including the numbers).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users