Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

microsoft Office Word opens multiple docs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:59 AM

Hey all,

So When opening any word document either from within word 2007, or from directly selecting the document, two documents open. The second document is the same as the first but there are definate issues when trying to edit the second one. The second document also does not have a title to be found. unable to close the second document until the first one is closed.

It sortive reminds me of an OLE issue but I have no idea on how to fix this. I tried a uninstall and reinstall of Office. Of course I tried looking through the menus and such but not sure where to navigate on this, I maybe over looking something.

Maybe I am not using the correct search termanology since I am not finding anything on it. Anyone out there have a clue or better yet an awnser on how to stop the second window from showing?

Thanks
BleepingNetwork

Edited by bleepingnetwork, 24 February 2009 - 03:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:34 AM

I am still having this issue, I have been unable to find anything on this. if anyone has an Idea plz drop a note here

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,993 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

This is a scientific wild guess. I know that when you open a word document, that Windows creates a temporary file at the same time. You can see it when you open the folder containing the file you opened. When you close the document, this temporary file goes away.

What MAY be happening is that this temporary file is also opening and showing a document when you open a document. That would explain why you can't edit in it, why it doesn't have the actual title, and why it can only be closed after you close the actual document. I don't know why this would happen nor how to keep if from happening if indeed this is what is happening.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 Twin B

Twin B

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

You may want to try posting this problem on one of the MS Word forums.

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

#5 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:45 AM

THANKS FOR RESPONSES, i WILL UPDATE THE ISSUE IF i FIND OUT ANY THING.

bLEEPING nETWORK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users