Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Attack of Adobe PDF appeared last month

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

A dangerous and unpatched vulnerability in Adobe's PDF-reading software has been around a lot longer than previously realized. The bug, first reported late last week, has caused concern because it is easy to exploit and it is not expected to be patched by Adobe for several weeks. Symantec told Adobe about the flaw, which lies in the Acrobat and Reader software, on Feb. 12, but on Monday security vendor Sourcefire said that an analysis of its database of malicious software shows that attackers have actually been using the attack for more than six weeks.

Full Article

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:54 AM

:thumbsup: ....woah......

Then again, I wonder how many other attacks similar to these are usually like this (being found at one point, but has been done earlier than thought)

EDIT: Fix smilie

EDIT2: Fix spelling....because I fail

Edited by scff249, 24 February 2009 - 01:24 AM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#3 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

I know. It makes you wonder what the HijackThis Team of Bleeping Computer will think when they read this...

:thumbsup: Luckily the discussion here shows some great topics based on Alternatives to Adobe Reader.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users