Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help removing Adobe Photoshop CS3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gyr3324

gyr3324

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:19 AM

Hello!

Gosh, this issue has become such a headache I hope someone can help. I recently downloaded Adobe Photoshop CS3 from a torrent site and am now unable to remove it. During a System Restore a may have accidentally deleted some of the files along with the setup. When I try uninstalling it in Control Panel nothing happens. I have re-downloaded the torrent so that I can try to reinstall but when doing so the following message pops up:

Setup Already Running
You can only install one Adobe product at a time. Please complete the other installation before attempting to install Adobe Photoshop CS3.

There arenít any other installations running. I really want to get rid of this for good. Any suggestions?? What should I do? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Check the box by anything referring to it and run the tool
If you cannot afford to purchase it legally, look in our freeware applications thread for alternatives
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Edited by garmanma, 24 February 2009 - 11:00 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Sparkleflap

Sparkleflap

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:15 AM

Has this issue been resolved? garmanma's post should be a good solution. If not, int he registry you are able to find uninstall strings. If you put the string into command prompt, this should remove all components of the prgram for you.
Jason Vidler
Technical Support
Ryan Catholic College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users