Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sims 2 game in serious trouble

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cartergirl333

cartergirl333

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:15 AM

I installed The Sims 2 and when i play the game i can't seem to tell the sims what to do. when i click on something the "what to do" bubble pops up then disappears. i have installed and uninstalled the game twice. Anyone know what to do????

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:16 AM

sims suck get some thing else
or get a patch

Edited by starcraftmaster, 24 February 2009 - 01:20 AM.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

Maybe you should check to see if the game has any updates or patches to download online.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 Yaffa

Yaffa

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

I installed The Sims 2 and when i play the game i can't seem to tell the sims what to do. when i click on something the "what to do" bubble pops up then disappears. i have installed and uninstalled the game twice. Anyone know what to do????

:thumbsup:

Hi,
It sounds like the 'Jump back bug'
Try talking about that on a site devoted to the sims
I hope this is not against the rules but here goes...
Yahoo group Simwatch. There are a lot of people there who are super sim geeks me...I just play but i read the messages every day.
Good luck
Intalling multiple times is not the answer. also try other sims on differant lots it could be the lot that has the bug. Not your fault.
Smiles, Yaffa P.S. are you getting the Sims 3???

#5 qvcatullus

qvcatullus

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

Dunno if that sounds like a jump bug, which usually happens after you give a command and the sim then refuses to perform it and drops the action from queue. OP apparently can't give commands at all. Or I could be mistaken.

Honestly, I would start by reinstalling the game. Get patches etc. I've never seen a problem like that, but I've had trouble from bad TS2 installs.

Let me know if you want to find some other groups that can talk more about sims 2 problems.

And I'll be getting TS3 when it comes out if my computer works and I can afford it. I understand there will be a Valve version without the copy-protect issues -- or that's what I heard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users