Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to learn...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

I am interested in learning more about XHTML, HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript and everything in between...

I would like to have a certificate to acknoledge that i know it, but don't mind if i don't...

I have found this one course that i can do online at Open Uni search for course code CPT270

It is with a company who provides courses onine from the different uni's in Australia (I'm in Australia).

I have had a look through w3schools.com but would like something a bit more structured, like a uni course.

Any idea's? Up to now i have just been playing, have built websites that link to a mySQL database with PHP script. at the moment i know a bit about each area, but still find it hard to write my own code. I seem to borrow it from everywhere and then join it together and modify to suit.

I would like to get more involved in it. I have applied for a few jobs in the industry, doubt i'll get them, but i might get lucky!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aanders5

Aanders5

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:11 AM

Hi KamakaZ,

First off, im thrilled to have yet another learner amongst the formers. :thumbsup:
I would suggest you still take a look at all of W3Schools information (I'm also certified by them in the scripting languages). I also would look at the World Wide Web Consortium's web page, seeing as they make the web standards. www.w3.org

Also, I know exactly how feel about not being able to make your own codes. Basically, the most difficult problem is not knowing what to make. So what i do is I offer my services for free to people who need help on websites. Usually it is really simple and before you know it, you've made your own code for that user.

So I would start off, by trying to help others with your scripting skills, and then take it from there. Once you get good at it, think of neat things to create and then post them for others to use. Once you know everything in scripting move into programming too. I would also recommend that you start with either Java or C++. :flowers:

Do you have any questions on specific area's or help with codes at the moment?
If you got any questions in pretty sure I can answer them, if not, groovicus is always around. lol.

-Austin

#3 CyberSorcerer

CyberSorcerer

Malware Reverse Engineer

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:20 AM

Hello KamakaZ

If your looking to get into building web sites, or web development, then the languages you mentioned are what you need to learn first. I would start with HTML, CSS, and Javascript then move onto PHP from there.

I know a number of different languages myself, and you'll find as you pick up 3-4 different languages you'll notice that they all have their simularities in both structure, syntax and logic. As you move onto harder language, such as C/C++ you'll get introduced to points and a few other things that will make your head spin for a bit. But that all a part of learning.

As for where to start? Myself, I started with books and pretty much taught myself. I found out something after about a year. You really don't learn from the actual reading from the book, you learn from making mistakes and figuring out what went wrong. This process of putting down code, and then knot having it do what it is suppose to is where your really learning how to program comes in. You get introduced to error codes, what they mean, why they were produced, etc. You also get introduced to debugging and how you go about tracking down problems with your code. In the end, after going through all this and putting together a few good programs, you find programming is not so hard after all.

I hope this sheds some light onto the subject for you. If you have any questions feel from the shoot me a PM, I'll be glad to answer them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users