Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software for Movies and Audio

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:06 PM

What do you consider the best software for watching movies and playing audio files? What are you currently using?
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

Hi patbox,
I really like the VLC media player
VLC media player - the cross-platform media player and streaming server

VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
It is free, safe and very comprehensive!!
Enjoy,
t
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

#3 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:26 AM

I agree, i'm a VLC user also and just downloaded it for my daughter on her laptop.

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

#4 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:03 AM

I have never heard of VLC and will check it out. I am using GOM Player, which is also free and has a simple interface. I had to switch to GOM because the Windows Media Player is starting to be more and more confusing.
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

#5 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:34 AM

VLC is very comprehensive. Covers all that the basic user would need and most of which the most advanced user might require. It is clean and reliable. If I recall correctly I think it is bundled with an ebay toolbar....just uncheck the box during the download if you do not want it........(for those of you out there that are unsure if you want the toolbar - it would be best to uncheck it :thumbsup: )
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users