Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD Rom Replacement Headache

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ayor64

Ayor64

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 30 April 2004 - 02:48 PM

I just bought a new cdrom drive. I opened up my computer case to take out the old cdrom. I tried to take out the power supply connector, but it wouldn't come out. Is there a special way to remove this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_Plimsol_*

Guest_Plimsol_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:06 PM

Sometimes getting those power connectors out of your cdrom can be a real pain. The best bet is to hold the edges of the power connector between two fingers and wiggle it back and forth wile pulling it out until it comes lose. Be careful though that you do not whack your fingers when it finally releases it.

If you have flat edged plier, you can use that as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users