Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 charlie007

charlie007

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

Dear Sirs and Madams,

Please help, i have recently purchased a new laptop with good old VISTA (~not) anyways my problem is this, cuurently installed was a trial version of office 2007, but i didnt like so i installed office 2003 which was all good, but i dont know whats gone wrong, only when opening excel files it tries to open up excel 2007, it comes up with an error stating "there was an error during set up please debug etc." so i click cancel it then opens up compatability mode (i know this is something to do with eexcel files created on an older or newer version of the office you are using. Also when you manually open up excel 03 and go find the file you want via the "open" option (in excel) it opens the file ok.... i have tried to uninstall the trial version of office 2007 but it will not let me, it is becoming very annoying, i hope someone can help.

Paul. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 johnytechie

johnytechie

• Banned
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:20 AM

try to uninstall office 2007 completely by using of Revouninstaller and also uninstall office 2003.
after that you install the office 2003 fresh.
http://www.revouninstaller.com/

How To Use Revo Uninstaller:
  • Please download Revo Uninstaller.
  • Extract the ZIP file to a folder and run revouninstaller.exe from there! (You can copy that folder to an USB Mass storage drive and use it without any installation required!)
  • There are two ways to uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller:
    Important: Please, try to close the application you want to uninstall first!
  • Select the application in the list of installed applications and press the Uninstall button in the toolbar.
  • Right-click the application and click the Uninstall command in the displayed menu. Follow the instructions.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 12 March 2009 - 10:13 PM.
Added instructions for using Revo Uninstaller. ~ OB

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

Revo didn't work for me. If you do try it, be sure to back up all of your documents. Some of mine disappeared
This is the official Microsoft fix. As you can see it is rather involved. Be sure to print out the instructions. I'm going to attempt it on my daughter's computer this weekend:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=928218

Edited by garmanma, 12 March 2009 - 09:26 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users