Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

down load problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigt123

bigt123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:20 PM

I just got a new computer about 4 months ago I have Vista program runing and came with a trail version 60 days Microsft office . After using for about 45days I purchased a download off the net and down loaded. The Problem is it is still runing the trail version. When I try to type in the product key it states wrong product number check and try again I did and does not work. I erased the earler program (this is an upgrade) Mricosoft trouble shooting said to. I am concerned that at the end of the trail period I will loose the data I have and really do not want to go thru it. I have already backed up with an external hard drive. Any suggestions?

(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 23 February 2009 - 03:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

Did you UNINSTALL the trial version first?
If not, head to Add/Remove programs and get rid of it.
Then try to install your purchased version.
WHICH product key are you using? The one for the trial version or the one for the purchased version?
According to Microsoft "If you are converting from a trial version to a full version of Microsoft Office, you must use the product key from the full version of the 2007 Microsoft Office system."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823570

Read the entire article for more info.

What site did you download Office from?

You will not lose anything at the end of the trial period. Everything is stored as files on your system,
so they will always be there. There is also a section on what happens at the end of the trial period in the article linked to above.

#3 bigt123

bigt123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

Thank you that worked it took me a while to find which was the trial program. again thank you

#4 bigt123

bigt123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

Thank you that worked it took me a while to find which was the trial program. again thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users