Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD + DVD/CD-ROM = Autorestart

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xsilk

xsilk

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:29 AM

Hey everyone, the problem that I am having is when I place a CD into my DVD/CD-RW drives my computer auto reboots. There weird thing is it doesn't do this for all types of CD's, I think it only does a auto reboot when the ROM-Drive doesnt like a sertian file type. I haven't been able to see what file type makes it freak out and restart, but it's really really anoying and it also does it when new hardware that acts as a flash drive is inserted. ie: a Camera stick.

Computer Specs:

Windows XP: Home Edition
Anti Virus: eTrust inoculate (possibly confilted with AVG6 so I uninstalled AVG6)
it started after I installed AVG6.

Please Help. I just got hl2 and the disk is making the computer auto reboot. Hope you guys/girls can help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 xsilk

xsilk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:11 AM

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...1223;start=0#12

That link is my thread at a different help forum. Could you guys review the information already there and just post on your sites forums. It would really help because I dont want to have to re-type all the information and lag your servers. =D

Damien Silkensen - me

Thank you.

#3 xsilk

xsilk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:30 AM

I do not need any further help on my topic view the computerhope link i set atop in a previous reply. Thank you guys for allowing me to get some help from you all. I'm so happy right now.

Thank you.

P.S. You get some credit too from my little speach I give. =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users