Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about Secunia PSI

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 crzyallday0514

crzyallday0514

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:10 PM

I was reading through the forum and saw a link about a vulnerability scan through Secunia. I went to the site and ran the scan, downloaded updates they suggested. The problem was the missing KB Articles on Windows Update. When I started looking at the list, I had 14 duplicates. Does this normally happen? I went on the site but could not see anyplace where you could contact anyone. Would appreciate any clarification you could give me. Thanks ahead of time.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said
and on which it is impossible to be silent."
-Victor Hugo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

Hi,
Secunia also has a very nice free download....Secunia PSI. I actually prefer this to the online version. It runs in the background and keeps you patched and up to date.

In relation to your question. Secunia has a good forum here. I have visited there on many occasions and found it to be very informative.
Regards,
t
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

#3 crzyallday0514

crzyallday0514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:48 PM

Thanks, I decided to go with the PSI after I did the scan. As much as I hate to 'cause I'm on forum overload, guess it's best to go straight to the source.

-Victor Hugo

#4 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:26 AM

Your welcome :thumbsup:
You might not need to visit their forum if your going with PSI. Just tic the advanced mode - it it will guide you through cleanup of outdated, unpatched and insecure programs. Beyond that one time cleanup it will work in the background and keep you up to date!
Regards,
t
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

#5 crzyallday0514

crzyallday0514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

:trumpet: Thanks. Went to the forum and wasn't too thrilled with it. One post I saw was unbelievably offensive and I didn't even click on it as I couldn't imagine what useful info I could possibly get. :flowers: It's so nice that this forum is informative, funny and clean. :thumbsup:

-Victor Hugo

#6 crzyallday0514

crzyallday0514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

:thumbsup: Well, I had to send another reply because I just checked my email and received a message from Secunia support and they are taking the thread out and prevent people from using offensive usernames. Their forum didn't have any place to report abuse so I sent a note and shock of all shocks rec'd a response tootsuite. Have to admit I :flowers: instant gratification.

-Victor Hugo

#7 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:44 AM

Glad that was resolved. Did you get PSI up and running?
Posted Image

#8 crzyallday0514

crzyallday0514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

Yep! It's already informed me when changes have been made on my system. Too cool!

-Victor Hugo

#9 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:33 PM

Enjoy :thumbsup:
t
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users