Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP MBAM isn't updating

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 timh2

timh2

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

Currently, I have a HJTlog in the appropriate section, and this post in neither a bump of that post, nor an additional request for help regarding spyware/malware/adware/crapware issues, because I have the feeling that the problem is related to something else.

So I updated the database succesfully to version 1795, then started scanning with MBAM..
It quarantined nfr.dll. (it was infected with a trojan)
I restarted to have the files removed.
I tried and update the MBAM database, again, and it wouldn't connect, saying "Update failed. Make sure you are connected to the internet and your firewall is allowed to .. etc"
I am connected to the internet (can browse with Wyzo browser), MBAM is fully trusted in my McAfee firewall, I have made exceptions for port 7070 which seems to be MBAM's favourite port to update through, and the adress MBAM.org is not among blocked IP's. Also, I cannot view pages with ie, which I could before nfr.dll was removed.

Why can't it update it's database? Was nfr.dll perhaps needed, and if so, where can I get a clean copy?

Regards,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:19 AM

Hi,

As you have an open log in the Hijackthis forum you are advised not to make any changes to your computer.
Any changes you make now will not reflect in your current log.

For this reason you will not receive help with the above issues, this is not to skip you problem or to be unhelpful but to ensure that when you receive help from a HJT Team member you are receiving the best help possible and so there are no delays in cleaning your computer.

Please wait until you receive a reply to your HJTLog, when you do mention the above problem and the adviser will address this during the fix.

Thanks,

Edit: Spelling

Edited by E-Mu, 23 February 2009 - 11:20 AM.

~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 timh2

timh2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:22 AM

MM, guess we should have this topic closed then?

Thanks for your reply

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

It has already been requested. :thumbsup:

No worries, we would rather you ask and be directed than to go alone and mess up.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users