Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Needed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MrSmedley

MrSmedley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:29 AM

The sound on my computer has not been working for sevral weeks. The problem ppeared to be a usage conflict with a microsoft sdm sinmm audio compatibility driver. However in my stupidity i have subsequently deleterd the driver from my computer somehow.

If anyone could tell me where I could get one or give me an alternative to ge tthe sound back it would be greatly appreciated, My PC is a dell dimension 2400 desktop with windows xp home edition.

thanks.

Edited by MrSmedley, 04 June 2005 - 08:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 completealias

completealias

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:19 PM

Do you have the cds that came with your computer you will find the drivers for your hardware on them. If I remember correctly the drivers are in a zipped format on the cd so you will have to unzip them to a file on your computer.

Once you have done that open the folder and see if there is a file named setup.exe or a file that is an exe file in there if there is run this file and it will reinstall your drivers for you.

If not then open device manager (right click my computer / properties / hardware tab / device manager and look for the device there it will have an exclamation mark next to it no doubt right click choose update driver choose a specific location and point to that folder with the drivers in them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users