Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beeping HP laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Craig_broad

Craig_broad

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:10 AM

Hello i am new 2 this site i have a problem, My HP pravilon (i belive its not with me right now) beeps when it is turned on. I hav been told it is a grphics or CPU problem, if it is any help wen powerd on the laptop goes Beeeep, beep beep (1 long beep then 2 short beeps) it would be grately aprechiated if any 1 could shine a light on my problem and help me
many thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:21 AM

Hi Craig_broad, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

We will need to know either the model of the Pavilion, or manufacturer and version of the BIOS. You can download SIW to see what the BIOS is. After you download it open it, scroll down the list of Hardware till you find BIOS, click on this, the information will open in the left side pane.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4387.html

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 PM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:20 AM

does the computer even start up?? lol

#4 Craig_broad

Craig_broad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:56 PM

wen the laptop is turnd on all it dus is beep 3 times lol nuthing on the screen i cant do anyfin with it lol
ill hav 2 check tha laptop 4 model , make etc

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

Sounds like it could be a memory problem. Have you installed any new memory lately? Been sliding the laptop across shag carpet :thumbsup: (static electricity kills memory). That's a gestimation of the bios beep code. If its an AMI bios (and Award). Is it 3 short beeps then a pause or is there a different pattern to them. like 1 pause 2 pause then repeat?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users