Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop Help Requested

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roadblock

Roadblock

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:30 AM

Hey guys. I would like to move an object on a design without ruining the background. I only started learning Photoshop about 3 days ago, and had a lot to turn and I really can't remember.

I've chosen the quick select tool to select the dude I want to move. But when I move him the background is ruined and the guy dissapears. Let me show you an image of what I want to move.

http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mariou.jpg

I would like to move Mario, somewhere else on the page. What are the exact steps I would take into moving him at my desired location.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:02 AM

Is this the sort of thing you want ?

ps for simplicity sake at the moment have converted to jpg thus lost the animation, can soon put that back.

Posted Image

#3 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:44 AM

Roadblock wants to move mario from where is he now on the image he provided but keeping the background the same.

You can't do that, but if you had all the layers and mario is on a layer by himself, that way yes you can.

What you can do is re making the image yourself. I found the same render of mario below
Posted Image

A background I found, if you wish to use it.
Posted Image

OR
Posted Image

Now find a background you want (put it on a layer by itself) , put another layer and fill it all white and reduce the opacity (to make white transparent ) .

Make a border and those green rectangles at the sides.

Edited by Delta16, 23 February 2009 - 08:54 AM.

#4 Roadblock

Roadblock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

Thank you so much for your help I've managed to do the following. Now I'm having issues with putting it on the blog. It's only showing Luigi. But I'll figure something out. Thanks again

http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blogl.jpg

Edited by Roadblock, 23 February 2009 - 03:49 PM.

#5 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

If your main problem is its just showing luigi, then your image is too large for your screen. Scale it down, or if you can figure it out, try some CSS coding. I'm not big into that though.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users