Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen oF Death

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dog54321

dog54321

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:32 AM

I have recently been getting the blue screen of death. My friends say it may be my ram, for some odd reason its 0.99 gig not 1 gig and i have pop-ups, is it the popups maybe causing it or another virus?

This is the error code: 0x000000019, 0x00000020, 0x85c33000, 0x85c33a00, 0x8b400000

For this one 0x8b400000 i am not sure if the 8 is a 0 or a 8 my writing was messy when i copied it down. Also it says Bad_Pool_Header

Edited by dog54321, 23 February 2009 - 01:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:12 AM

What kind of pop-ups are you getting, and please post them exactly.

Where are you reading the amount of your RAM?

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the times that this is happening.

Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.

On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.

Warnings will appear as a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside.

When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.

Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 dog54321

dog54321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:38 AM

I rightclicked mycomputer>properties>then system for the gig.
The pop ups i recieve are like http://game.mycareer.com.au/?s_cid=596667 ( Alot of CiD Aids )
For the event viewer i have about 100 errors + , is there any other easier way to post these errors? Which erros should i specifically be looking for.

#4 tech_tiger

tech_tiger

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:10 AM

Hello,

Blue screens of deaths mainly occurs due to corruption in the registry. At this point, you need to fix your registry errors. If you have sound knowledge of registry, you can fix the errors manually, otherwise take a help of best registry cleaner software.

Go to Start> Run and then type regedit, the registry editor opens where you can access the registry settings and fix the errors , if capable, otherwise do help of registry cleaner's softwares.

Good Luck!!!

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:15 AM

Hello,

Blue screens of deaths mainly occurs due to corruption in the registry. At this point, you need to fix your registry errors. If you have sound knowledge of registry, you can fix the errors manually, otherwise take a help of best registry cleaner software.

Go to Start> Run and then type regedit, the registry editor opens where you can access the registry settings and fix the errors , if capable, otherwise do help of registry cleaner's softwares.

Good Luck!!!

BleepingComputers does not support the use of registry cleaners. The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results". Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

Unless you have a specific error to suggest editing I can't agree that this is a viable solution. A suggestion has been made that involves modifying the registry. Modifying the registry can be dangerous (and can render your system unbootable) so it's advisable that you make a backup of the registry before proceeding.
Modification of the registry can be EXTREMELY dangerous if you do not know exactly what you are doing so follow the steps that are listed below EXACTLY. if you cannot perform some of these steps or if you have ANY questions please ask BEFORE proceeding.

Backing Up Your Registry
  • Go Here and download ERUNT
    (ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.)
  • Install ERUNT by following the prompts
    (use the default install settings but say no to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the start-up folder, if you like you can enable this option later)
  • Start ERUNT
    (either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup)
  • Choose a location for the backup
    (the default location is C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT which is acceptable).
  • Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are ticked
  • Press OK
  • Press YES to create the folder.
Registry Modifications

For more information about modifying the registry, see this Microsoft article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/256986

Edited by dc3, 24 February 2009 - 02:27 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:22 AM

I rightclicked mycomputer>properties>then system for the gig.
The pop ups i recieve are like http://game.mycareer.com.au/?s_cid=596667 ( Alot of CiD Aids )
For the event viewer i have about 100 errors + , is there any other easier way to post these errors? Which erros should i specifically be looking for.

To see the total physical amount of RAM (total physical memory) you need to go to System Information.

Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Information.

Have you run any scans for infections?

You don't need to post all of the errors that you find in the Event Viewer, I would be interested in the ones that are happening at the time that you are getting the BSOD, also look for event IDs that repeat a lot.

#7 dog54321

dog54321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:52 AM

Quite odd, whenever i log into my msn and my MSN only, i get BSOD. Does my msn somehow have a virus O_O?

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:05 AM

Try running chkdsk /r.

Start> Run and type in chkdsk /r (please notice the space between the k and the/) and then click on OK.

A black page with white printing will appear, type in Y, and click on Enter key.

Chkdsk will run when the computer restarts.

#9 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:00 AM

( Alot of CiD Aids )

Those are quite often caused by malware\adware

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

FWIW - a BSOD error is a hardware error (NOT a registry error) - the explanation is that the error is damaging your hardware, so Windows shuts down to prevent the damage. Most often it's caused by bad/corrupt drivers, but it can have other causes.

An error such as the one you've received (shorthand for it is STOP 0x19) is a BAD_POOL_HEADER error (description here: http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x19 )

This is an error in memory - but it doesn't mean that your memory is bad. It can be many, many different things that are causing the error. As stated above (and in the link), drivers are the most common cause of this. But it's simpler to run a memory diagnostic in order to rule that out first. Here's a link to a free, bootable memory diagnostic: http://www.memtest86.com/

Read the instructions carefully to make a bootable disk, then run the test for a minimum of 3 passes (overnight is better) and let us know what results you get. If the test starts spitting out errors you can stop it immediately.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#11 dog54321

dog54321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:48 AM

Many erros from the event viewer are..
( ALL ERRORS )
Source: Service Control Manager
-The npkcrypt service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Source: WIndows Update Agent
-Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Update for Office 2003 (KB907417).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Source: DCHP
-The IP address lease 10.1.1.2 for the Network Card with network address 001132116846 has been denied by the DHCP server 10.1.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Source: CdROm
-The device, \Device\CdRom1, has a bad block.

Source: system error
-Error code 100000c5, parameter1 00630034, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80551ae2.

I will get to the memory test + Disk check when i have time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users