Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cookies + Temp Internet Files Not Saving

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 me_is_jordan

me_is_jordan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 17 August 2004 - 01:03 AM

Hi everyone. Somehow, my temp. internet files aren't saving on my computer. I'm using Windows XP. I can not download anything, and when I try to open Windows Media Player, it is always saying "Welcome to Windows Media Player." It never opens properly. Anyways, when I try to switch how much space I want to use when I go to Internet Properties>General>Settings, I can not switch the amount of disk space I want to use. It is always set at 0. When I try to select OK, it is telling me "Please select a value between 1 and 0 (?) for how much disk space temporary internet files may use."

When I try to change the security settings, I switch everything to enable, and "low", but everything keeps switching back to disable. None of my passwords or usernames are being saved, and I can't open any documents from the internet.

If anyone can try to help me with this, it would be cool. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 August 2004 - 07:46 AM

Hello Me is Jordan,
Sounds like you have some poblems! Have you done a viruse scan and a spyware scan? You can go HERE and do a virus scan. And seeming you cant download anything Can you download Hijack This? How much space do you have on your hard drive? Try going to internet options, then go to the advanced tab and restore defaults, then back to web settings and resotre defaults. If you can download the hijack this please run it and post your results HERE and also if you need a little advice on how to run it please have a look HERE..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users