Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mloo55

mloo55

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:05 AM

Hi,
I have win98se and I have in this pc my user password in order nobody can modify my files but what I want to know is how to move some files that are in other folder which is not pasword secured to my site where I want to keep them. and modify them.
tks in advance
mloo55l

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:25 PM

If the user password is only for access to your computer, the files therein will not be effected in any way. If you have done something to each file, then you will need to undo it before you copy it to your site (encryption, for example).
I am unclear about what you are saying, so I am only taking a guess.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 mloo55

mloo55
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2005 - 04:15 PM

Jgweed: tks fyr response sorry for not being clear but what I mean is if I want to copy a file from another user site to mine how can i do? or in other words if I can
copy a file from user A to user B what must i do.
tks
mloo55

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:23 PM

If you can download the file to your hard drive from website A, then you can upload it to your websiteB.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users