Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downgraded to XP Missing Drivers Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ArtistGayle

ArtistGayle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

Where to start hmm...I own a Acer Aspire 5610Z Laptop which originaly came with Vista, I reformated my harddrive (after things were getting way to mucked up Viruses and things) and downgraded to XP, Now I'm missing a bunch of my drivers. Mainly my Ethernet Controller (Broadcom Corp BCM440x 100Base-TX Fast Ethernet) and my Network Controller (Broadcom Corp BCM4309 802.11a/b/g) making it so I can't connect to the internet. I've looked all over the internet for the drivers including the Acer and the Broadcom sites with no luck. Anyone have any ideas where I might can find the drivers or just over all help in getting my lap top up and running.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:11 AM

For the Broadcom Corp BCM440x 100Base-TX Fast Ethernet I found a driver that i think it is good for you.

-Go to www.driveguide.com
-Make a free account
-click on drivers
-Choose network devices
-Choose the manufacturer, which in this case is Broadcom.
-In the search bar, type only - BCM440x, then download it and install it. :thumbsup:

You should find it, it has a size of 67.1MB
It supports Win2000, WinXP, Win2003

Unfortunately for the Broadcom Corp BCM4309 802.11a/b/g I didnt find anything.
Hope that helps, if you need anything just post

#3 ArtistGayle

ArtistGayle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

Thanx for the Advice :thumbsup: I ended up getting it on my own just before I read your reply but again thank you very much I still have a number of other drives I need to find but my computer at least connects to the internet now :flowers:

#4 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

I'm happy to hear that you solved this problem. Don't hesitate to ask if you have a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users