Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus On Virus Infected

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Iownyoujk

Iownyoujk

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:00 PM

There is a new virus spreading through a website called xxxxxxxx, Do not go to this website, because the window will close with a popup and it will try to install a fake antivirus program.I found out because some people on youtube are trying to trick people on going onto the website.In the video it already shows what it does.I confirmed it with a virtual computer. <hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jykJ1erupZ4>

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 February 2013 - 03:58 AM.
Deactivate link. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,463 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for the warning, but I removed your url as I do not want anyone mistakenly getting infected. The link installed antivirus 360.

#3 Iownyoujk

Iownyoujk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:01 AM

Yea,thats understandable, I'm supprised how they can get away with that.I am sorry if you were infected by it on accident, I just wanted to warn people,but that probably wasn't the best way.
To warn you guys more, I am posting more videos that are trying to lead you to go to the virus website on youtube. Notice they are all the same video.Remember,do not go to these websites it is telling you because you will get a fake antivirus along with many problems.
<
<
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4NgLtlKLLc>

but most of them are on this youtube account.
<http://www.youtube.com/user/AntiVirusTutorial>
Youtube admin needs to deal with this and remove the users posting this and such and the virus website needs to be removed.

also, are there removal instructions to this that are posted in the forums, just in case it would happen to infect someone?

Edited by Orange Blossom, 24 February 2009 - 11:36 PM.
Deactivate links. ~ OB

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,463 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:32 AM

Yes we have removal instructions here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...e-antivirus-360

#5 Iownyoujk

Iownyoujk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

UPDATE: The website is no longer accessible :thumbsup: So now when you try to go to it, it just sends you to this and nothing will happen to your computer! Glad they finally got rid of this website.

#6 Guest_tylerisdabest_*

Guest_tylerisdabest_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:44 PM

be careful with youtube links

#7 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

Hello.

Can a Mod/Admin with editing privileges remove the link in Post #5 or kill the link please. I clicked on the link and got the AV 360 virus. Didn't do anything though because, I exited it...

Thanks.

For others DO NOT click that link, unless you want to get infected..!!

With Regards,
Extremeboy

Edited by extremeboy, 24 February 2009 - 06:38 PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,463 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

Done. Iownyoujk please do not post malware related links.

#9 tcmmcm

tcmmcm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

I had a brush with that virus 360, but I closed down quick did a scan and got rid of a worm that way. Its a full time job keeping a clean Machine.

#10 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

Not if you dont accept files from people/go to bad websites.

Then theirs nothing to worry about.

#11 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

How about checking movie times?
In December I wanted to check movie times at a local theater. I Googled the theaters name. First listing was the theater name .com and the second listing was the same name but with .com/contact .php For no good reason I clicked the second listing
Immediately I get a box telling me I may be infected and that I should scan with antivirus 360. I hit the X to close ( I know I probably should have closed it with task manager).
A site started to come up as soon as the X was pressed. I immediately closed the window before it could load. I updated and scanned with SAS . Nothing was found except the usual txt tracking cookies. I then scanned with McAfee and Mbam. Nothing was found with these either. Itís been three months and no signs of any problem so I must have come out ok.
I just checked and the same listing is still there. Maybe it is false or hijacked? I am not going to click and find out. I did inform the theater as to what occurred.
You never know these days what is legit and what is not.
Best Regards
Nawtheasta

#12 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

Not if you dont accept files from people/go to bad websites.

Then theirs nothing to worry about.

And your up to date with your AV and AM.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#13 FiXTooL

FiXTooL

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:04 AM

It's a missleading application like spysheriff or threatnuker isn't it? Not a virus, but it's quiet harmful and hard to remove from your computer so don't open the link.

#14 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

It's a missleading application like spysheriff or threatnuker isn't it? Not a virus, but it's quiet harmful and hard to remove from your computer so don't open the link.

Well, the link is gone. It's just sick how people purposely harm other peoples' computer for their own joy.
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#15 raj29

raj29

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:04 AM

There is nothing to be surprised. Because, unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there who intend to do you harm. Add that intent together with a talent for computers and you've got a deadly combination.
I am the Saint and the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But don't think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Sword were to speak...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users