Jump to content
Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:09 PM
Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:18 AM
Edited by Delta16, 23 February 2009 - 01:23 AM.
Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:10 AM
Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:06 AM
First of all, how to run hamachi
1. Download latest Hamachi version and install it.IT IS A PERFECTLY SAFE SOFTWARE.
2. Once you have installed Hamachi, you now have a hamachi account(not a server). You are now capable of joining or creating servers. You now have a Hamachi IP (something like 5.xx.xxx.xx)
3. Join any server.
UPDATE: List of all servers.
4. Once you have joined the server/network, you should see a list of all other members on that server. Just because their name is there doesn't mean they are online. When someone is online, a green dot will appear before their name. You can only play with a person who is online. You do not have to ping him in order to play with him.
5. Once a person is online, you can chat with him and tell him to host a game to join your's (if you have hosted).
6. Once the other person has hosted, open Pocket Tanks and go to Lan Play. You will be able to see his game and join.
1. If both the persons are behind a router, there is a high chance they may have the same IP. Pocket Tanks doesn't read your hamachi IP, so your IP will be the same as your friend's and you cannot see his game or he cant see your game. People using the same modem/router i.e. on a wireless network also experience the same problem. Changing your IP manually will solve the problem.
2.You need "ptloader.exe" and "pockettanks.exe" unblocked from a firewall for it to work. Plus just so everybody knows, If two players both host a game they won't be able to see the others game! One needs to host and the other waits at the main game lobby screen!
If none of this works(for people behind routers), you can play using IP2IP method but make sure that you use your hamachi IP's for connecting.
Edited by Delta16, 23 February 2009 - 09:08 AM.
Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:02 PM
Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:40 PM
All Hamachi communications are encrypted and authenticated with industry-standard algorithms and protocols. Nobody will be able to see the data transmitted between two Hamachi peers.
Not even us.
For more detailed information, please check the Security Architecture description.
Encryption is a method that scrambles and unscrambles various pieces of information so that they can be sent securely from one location to another.
* In the case of LogMeIn Hamachi, a key exchange takes place between peers once each is authenticated by the Hamachi mediation server, and a tunnel has been established. This ensures that only the peers you designate can decrypt your data. Every message is also uniquely numbered to prevent replay attacks.
Authentication ensures that the identities of everyone in your network, from the LogMeIn Hamachi servers to your peers, are verified.
* LogMeIn servers authenticate all peers using a RSA key-pair. To login, the client submits its Hamachi IP and uses its private key to sign the server's challenge. The server verifies the signature and this authenticates the client.
* Hamachi peers authenticate LogMeIn mediation servers using a RSA key-pair. When the client connects to the server, it announces which key it expects the server to have. If the server has the requested key, the login sequence commences.
Every LogMeIn Hamachi peer has administrative options to help maintain the security of their Hamachi networks.
* Password Protection
* Network Lock
* Membership Approval
* Member Eviction
* Member Ban
* Create Network Administrators
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users