Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it possible to have 2 hi speed modems on laptop?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:02 PM

Hi, xpsp2 OS and phone company hi-speed.
I was curious whether or not I could have 2 modems installed on my laptop.
The reason for the query is that my 1st modem that was set up by the provider did not seem to work properly and now does.
It is working great. Some glitch I guess?

Anyway they sent me another modem to replace this one and so I was wondering if I could install it on the notebook and get them to set it up which they do via phone....then it would be available for use should the other unit pack it in?
The tech service from the phone co. is only good at certain times and so I thought that I would try to do this if a member here knows whether it is possible to have 2 installed?

I don't want to ask the phone company at the moment as they are non techies that are working right now.
I would appreciate comments and hope that I have posted in the right place.

BTW, one of the concerns I had is if I install this latest modem would it take priority over the existing first compact modem that I much prefer and then compromise the usage of the present modem?

Thank you.
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:33 AM

I hope to hear from members, or is this a strange query>
Thank you.

#3 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:05 PM

Resolved, please close the thread. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users