Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VBouncer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gaelic123

gaelic123

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 17 August 2004 - 12:40 AM

I ran Spybot Search & Destroy and it found VBouncer, but it couldn't remove it because it said it was in use and asked to remove it at restart. I restarted the computer and it scanned with Spybot, but it still said that it couldn't remove it. I searched for VBouncer on my computer and found 2 entries, both of them were in the Spybot Search & Destroy folder. I deleted them and ran Ad-Aware, Spysweeper, Norton AV and Spybot Search & Destroy scans. Spybot Search & Destroy again found it and couldn't remove it. Does anyone know how to remove VBouncer, or do you think it could be a false positive?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Mary
Dell XPS 933Mhz processor, 256 RAM, Windows98se, Linksys Cable/DSL Router,
Norton Internet Security Anti-Virus & Firewall, Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy, Spywareblaster, Spyware Guard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_brunt_*

Guest_brunt_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:24 AM

Here is some removal instrutions. And where the folders exist

http://www.scanspyware.net/info/VirtualBouncer-VBouncer.htm

#3 gaelic123

gaelic123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:24 AM

Sorry to seem so ignorant, but I really didn't understand how to remove the vbouncer from the instructions on this site. Could someone please enlighten me. (step by step)

Thanks again for the help,

Mary
Norton Internet Security Anti-Virus & Firewall, Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy, Spywareblaster, Spyware Guard

#4 ColdinCbus

ColdinCbus

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:38 AM

Uninstall "Virtual Bouncer" using the Add/Remove Programs utility in your control panel.

Then delete the vurtual bouncer directories.

They also have an uninstaller here http://www.spywarelabs.com/support.html

#5 gaelic123

gaelic123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:47 AM

Vbouncer didn't show up in my Add/Remove list, and I couldn't find it's directories.

When I searched for it (Vbouncer) I tracked the file to Windows\Temp\GLFD333.tmp. I deleted that file and when I again searched for Vbouncer it was still showing as a zip file in the Spybot Search & Destroy/Recovery. I purged it from Spybot Search & Destroy recovery and ran Spybot again. This time it came up without Vbouncer, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your input,

Mary

#6 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:56 PM

Just my two cents on searching for new baddies that have invaded. With WIN XP search it is possible to show all files entered or modified BY DATE. This something I don't believe WIN 9* had (or I didn't know it) I have been using this quite a bit in the war on on Invaders (trojans et al.)
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users