Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi - new member

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fat_cap

fat_cap

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

Hi all!

I have just been browsing the forum adter searching online for some help with some malware my computer has picked up and I can't seem to shift.

Looking through the other topics I have revealed some great information which I am definately going to apply once I get my computer back up and running again.

I was just telling my friend how I had never had a virus or malware on my computer since I built it about 4 years ago... the next week I get infected! Sods law but hopefully some intelligent chap (or chappess) here will be able to help me :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:23 PM

Hello, fat_cap.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials. :thumbsup:

#3 fat_cap

fat_cap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for the welcome Weatherman.

I was just wondering if you knew approximately how long it would normally take for someone to answer a help thread that I created? I posted it on Saturday the 21st and it has already slipped to the bottom of page 17 of the HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum - is this usual or has my lonely plea for help slipped into obscurity? :thumbsup:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

How to subscribe to a thread so it doesn't get lost:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33013/how-to-subscribe-to-an-existing-topic-so-you-are-notified-when-there-are-replies/

They are very busy, so please be patient. If you haven't had a response after 5 days, you can post a link to your log here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176012/post-in-this-thread-when-you-havent-received-an-answer-in-five-days/
Good luck

Edited by garmanma, 23 February 2009 - 12:43 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 fat_cap

fat_cap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:25 AM

Thanks for the reply and info about reposting the thread I made Garmanma.

It's been 5 days now so Im off to pop my help request in the appropriate section. If anybody could help me out I would be REALLY appreciative! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users