Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop does not show up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SunnyC

SunnyC

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:56 PM

Well the other day I was on my computer and realized that my antivirus had run out. I went and downloaded AVG Free off of their website. Towards the end of the download my computer like froze up so I shut it down and restarted it. It wouldn't turn on properly so I left it alone and hoped it would go back to normal the next day. Yesterday I turned it on and it said it needed to repair my computer or something when I was booting it so I said okay. It did that then restarted. The home page came up fine but I couldn't move my mouse or click anything, it's like it was frozen again. I shut it off again and turned it on and it still isn't working. I did it again and it loads up fine. The Windows Vista Home Premium logo thing comes up but now there's just like a black screen.

I can shut it off and turn it on again but the same thing will happen or it will turn on but now allow me to move the mouse/click anything. Did I get a virus or something? Or is there something wrong with my hard drive?

I booted into safe mode and did a system restore to before I downloaded AVG but the same thing still happens.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

Try running chkdsk in Safe Mode.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Iownyoujk

Iownyoujk

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

I do not mean to interrupt the professional,but I have had a similar problem. My desktop turned black after a system restart, and it was caused by a trojan called netbus. Spy Sweeper is the way I got rid of it,but if this is the case that you do have netbus, be careful because once you remove it, it remove your internet and many important services on your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users