Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

jerky video, good audio

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 drvarska

drvarska

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:55 PM

hello good people,

i have inspiron 1150 DELL laptop 512Mb Ram 2,4Ghz intel. first few months video worked good, but now 50% of dvix, avi, mpg that i play i have a problem.
The audio is perfect but video just slows down and is not synchronized . after few minutes it speeds up to catch with the audio and then here we go again. At first i thought it was the probem with memory (but i have 512) then i thought it was the player. (now i get the same thing with WMP 10, real player 10, MV2Player and nero player) so i guess it is not the player's problem too.

I remind you that 50% of the movies i play are with no problem.

Please tell me what I should do

thanks

drvarska

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 completealias

completealias

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:24 PM

Does this happen now with a video that was a known good orginally?

If not then I would suspect the files that you are playing back myself especially if they are downloaded as these can quite often be out of sync

#3 drvarska

drvarska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 02:51 PM

hi completealias,

It happens with any video. never at the same place. even dell's guide video. What i did is, I found out in divx.com forum that some other guy had xvid and dvix codec conflict and he uninstalled the dvix codec and had no problem after. I did that also and I can see that the problem is gone in 60% of time, but still excist. So i still ask , if there is another better sollution

thankx

drvarska

#4 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:28 AM

It may still be a codec conflict. Do you have more than one codec pack installed?

I reccomend you unintall all your codecs (rethere it be park of a pack or not), and get K-Lite Codec Pack:
http://majorgeeks.com/K-Lite_Codec_Pack_Full_d4620.html

Edited by The Trip, 07 June 2005 - 10:30 AM.

#5 drvarska

drvarska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:24 PM

Thank you "Da Trip" i'll try to do that. I am also having problems playing any DVD in my and/or external player. You think it could also be the codec fault.
2 days ago i uninstalled all codecs i took from the p2p/web hoping that at least I would restore defaults for the dvd, but no luck... hmm what is going on here?

drvarska

#6 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:20 PM

Wow...i need to start previewing my posts from now on....my typos are really bad.

What program do you use to play DVD's?

Also, where you able to play DVD's when you first got your computer? (before any major changes, but using the same software to play them).

Do you think you unintsalled codecs that dvd's use?

You should try re-installing your drivers for your DVD-Drive first of all (since uninstalling codecs didnt seem to work)

#7 drvarska

drvarska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:01 PM

hey , i took your advice for K-Lite Codec Pack and 95% it works. even the dvd... thank you for your help. now i pray nothing elso goes wrong. till recently i had a nightmare with spyware and this bleeping forum helped me too. I am recommending this site to everyone.

thanx once more "The Trip"

drvarska

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users