Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:12 AM

I find it truly amazing that the small companies alredy have Windows 7 compatible software for their products.
Whereas the big companys (eg HP ) can't even tell me when it might be available.
Maybe in a years time they might have got their act together
Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

Deja Vu! It's the same thing that happened with the release of Windows Vista.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 gyster

gyster

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

Maybe a go/no go list of software could be compiled here? For example, AVG Free and Max Blast 5, seem to work ok on my system, but Stopzilla does not.

#4 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:16 AM

So far i have installed:
Firefox v.3.07
Google toolbar
Winzip
Adobe Reader
Comodo Int Sec.
CloneCd
CloneDvd
AnyDvd
A Squared Free
Convert
Belarc
TomTom
Calendar
Process Exp.
Autoruns
Word 2003
PowerPoint 2003
Canon My Printer for IP4500

Software for HP 6980 not available(surprise,surprise) but am using Windows driver
Software for Brother Label printer not available and have not tried looking for Windows driver.The same goes for Hp scanner.
Can't install Intel Desktop Utilities,not available for Windows 7.The other Intel software i have used the software for Vista.Seems to work very well
The bigest surprise was the software Nvidia it came down as an update from Windows
I really am enjoying Windows 7.The RC version,if it is available to the public, should be even more interesting

Bye for now

#5 gyster

gyster

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

Good to hear that TOMTOM works...I'll be needing that. I'm prettry my Lexmark X6170 is going to be useless unless I want to keep XP just for that. 3DS Max 2009 seems to work without problems, as does Photoshop CS4, and IMGBURN.

#6 Philip Brampton

Philip Brampton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:38 AM

I must have missed IMGBURN.Ihave that as well
I prefer Nero but the latest version is not compatible with W7 at least that's what Nero support tell me.I have tried it and it seems OK
I find that Windows Gallery is great so i don't need Photoshop Elements and WMP 12 is great,Try watching a dvd
There are a few glitches to be sorted but as we are on build 7000 and the latest is 7048 no doubt they will be sorted with RC
Can you not get a driver for your Lexmark from Windows?
Comodo is not quite right yet, it needs more tinkering so updates work correctly.
I also have Total Recorder and that works perfectly.
Regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users