Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pam54

pam54

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

A basic query I am afraid! I've had a notification that I can update to Internet Explorer 8. Is it okay to do this? Will it mess up anything I already do? Is it working okay for other people? I'm a bit scared to alter things that are aleady working fine so just need some kind advice please.
Thanks very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SLIX

SLIX

• Members
  • 380 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:38 AM

Hi pam54

I've had a notification that I can update to Internet Explorer 8. Is it okay to do this? Will it mess up anything I already do?

The notification is for IE8 RC1. Microsoft state: "RC1 is short for "Release Candidate 1". Release candidate software is ready to be evaluated by users while it undergoes final testing. You may experience minor bugs or compatibility issues with websites while browsing."

Personally, I have always prefered to wait for the final release so that any bugs, problems or security issues have been ironed out.
Steve

#3 pam54

pam54
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

Thanks Steve. That's just what I wanted to know. I will wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users