Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE7 DNS error

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sika2

Sika2

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:43 AM

Hi All,

Currently having a problem with IE7 not working displays "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". Firefox is running no problems but I need IE7 for Microsoft Updates etc. I have tried a number of fixes from Web but to no avail. I am running Windows XP Media Edition 2005 with Kaspersky Anti Virus and Comodo Firewall. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers

Sika2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Delta16

Delta16

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:16 AM

To resolve this problem, do the following steps

Click Start >Run, type in CMD, press OK.

Copy and paste this into the Command prompt:

netsh winsock reset catalog

Press Enter

Then copy and paste this in:

netsh int ip reset reset.log

Press Enter.

When finished restart your computer.

Please,Inform us if the problem is still occurring.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Delta16, 22 February 2009 - 03:19 AM.

#3 Sika2

Sika2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:11 PM

Thanks Delta16,

Unfortunately no change. The error appears to occur when IE is loading as it says "waiting for ieframe.dll/DNS error" before displaying "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". I have uninstalled an reinstalled IE7 with no change. This is driving me nuts. Any further advise much appreciated.

Thanx

Sika2

#4 Unique666

Unique666

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

I'm not sure about it being a DNS error since your other web browser is working correctly. Go to Tools>Internet Options>LAN Settings in IE7, and make sure the proxy server box is unchecked and toggle "Automatically detect settings". Also, make sure your firewall isn't blocking Internet Explorer from accessing the web.

#5 tenz

tenz

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

also try resetting your IE back to its default settings, TOOLS---INTERNET OPTIONS-----ADVANCED TAB------ RESET Sometimes this does the trick for IE when firefox or other browsers work.

#6 Sika2

Sika2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:32 AM

Hi All,

Once again the expertise of you all has resoved the problem. Special thanks to Unique666 Problem solved.

Thanks Again

Sika2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users