Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can someone figure this out?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:05 PM

doperoms.com/files/roms/dos/Advanced+Dungeons+and+Dragons+Blood+and+Magic+(1996)(Interplay).zip/134789/Advanced+Dungeons+and+Dragons+Blood+and+Magic+.zip]http://www.doperoms.com/files/roms/dos/Adv...+and+Magic+.zip

I have been trying for a very long time to figure out how to run this...

I can get to the hybrid intro thingy, but I can't get past that... the NFO file said use their installation program and your good to go but I can't find the program

(Moderator edit: disabled link. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 24 February 2009 - 08:37 AM.

If I'm posting, I probably have something horribly wrong with my computer, there's no obvious explanation for it, that's just the way it is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:43 AM

i dont think we allowed to tell you Lol sorry

#3 sausage

sausage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:31 AM

is it an illegal game? I didn't think it was.
If I'm posting, I probably have something horribly wrong with my computer, there's no obvious explanation for it, that's just the way it is.

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:31 AM

its off a rom website
if you have the game(buy it from a shop) then you can download and we can help you

some tell me if am wrong???

#5 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:24 AM

Here is why you should not trust ROM sites: http://www.doperoms.com/disclaimer.php

With that type of disclaimer, it is obvious you can possibly get in to trouble! :thumbsup:

#6 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:27 AM

Actually, the whole ROM thing is one heck of a grey area that I hate. I usually consider them illegal through and through.

Here's something off of the Nintendo website.

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

source: http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

I'm pretty sure that it isn't just to Nintendo games that they say this for, but that this can technically be extended to other areas as well, but that's just me speaking as I don't like the idea of ROMs.

Edited by scff249, 23 February 2009 - 01:28 AM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#7 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:04 AM

Very good information. I figured with my disclaimer and your disclaimer that we posted, it is inarguable at this point! :thumbsup:

#8 sausage

sausage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:04 PM

ok sorry, I didn't know

#9 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

It is not a big deal, honestly! :thumbsup:

#10 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:20 AM

With that all being said this topic is now closed :thumbsup:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users