Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to change xp logon screen?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 genius12

genius12

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

Hi guys! I was wondering how to swith my logon screen. My current logon screen is like this:Posted Image
But I want to change my logon screen so it looks like this:
Posted Image

Can anyone help me with that. Also I found this way typing net user in cmd to change others users passsword so I tried it on my account and it did work but that's the day since my logon screen changed to the classic logon screen like this:
Posted Image
So basically how do I change my logon screen back to look like this considering I had tried that net user command to look like this:
Posted Image
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

THANKS. :thumbsup:
" Determination is the cause of Intervention."-Muhammad Shariq

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

You need to go into Control Panel, and hit the button on the left to switch to classic view. Then open up User Accounts, and change the way users log on and off. Then check "Use the welcome screen" and "Use fast user switching" back on (or just do the first one, your call). Then log off and you should have the normal XP logon page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users