Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:52 PM
1. My Dad turned on his computer and jerked the plug out of the wall about 6 times in a row because the Internet wouldn't work, in hopes that it would fix the computer.
2. It messed up the hard drive, and it wouldn't boot any more.
3. I formatted and reinstalled Windows XP.
4. Some idiot put a virus in a free trial of Eset Smart Security, and I downloaded it since I needed a virus scanner.
5. It changed a bunch of registry settings that I didn't want to search for and fix so I formatted and reinstalled Windows XP a second time.
6. The computer is virus free, but I can no longer open C:\ by double clicking on it. I can only open it by right-clicking and choosing explore. When I double click on C:\, it tries to open a .com file (part of the virus) that was hidden in RECYCLER. I just need some help fixing the icon.