Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Storing/copying/Backing up Pics to Disc

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 frstmate72

frstmate72

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:32 PM

I can't seem to back up my pictures to disc. I can only put one or two pics on a disc and then it says there is not enough space. I have tried putting them in a zip file, but again, not enough space. I have already lost all of my pics once, and I really don't want it to happen again. Is there anyway I can put them in another sort of file and then save them to disc? OR is there at least a website or somewhere else I can upload all of my pics in case something happens to my PC and I lose everything?? I'm running Windows XP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:59 PM

What kind of disc are you putting them onto?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 frstmate72

frstmate72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:53 AM

I've tried several difference kinds.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

I can't help you with the issue, but I can offer other options.
One of them may work for you while you try to get the problem sorted out.

1) You can upload your photos to a site such as http://photobucket.com/
You will have to create an account first. And it may take a while to get them uploaded if you have
a lot of photos.

2) Put them on a flash drive. Figure out the total size of the photos, and purchase a flash drive a bit bigger.
Copy them to the drive.

3) An external hard drive, if your finances will permit a purchase. Copy the pics to the drive. This is a good option because you can back up documents, pics, music, etc on a regular basis.

I have photos backed up on photobucket, 2 external drives, and cd's. One way or another I'll get my photos back if my drive crashes.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

What size are the photos?
What size disk are you trying to backup to?
What format are the photos in?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 frstmate72

frstmate72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:11 PM

Photos range anywhere from 50KB-250KB I guess depending on the resolution and size I had the camera set at
The disk size is 700MB
The files are in JPEG format

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

What program are you using, to try and burn these images?
Putting them in a zipped file won't save much space, since jpeg is already a compressed format.
Have you tried a slower burning speed?
Were there any error messages?
If so, what was the exact error message?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#8 frstmate72

frstmate72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

It just says that there is not enough room on the disk, and it states that when there is only 9-10 pictures I'm trying to save to the disk.

#9 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:06 PM

What program are you using, to try and burn these images?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users