Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Separating Bookmarks Into Groups?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bgorrah

bgorrah

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:59 PM

I was wondering if there is anyway to separate Bookmarks into Groups either by inserting a blank space between them, drawing a black line, or maybe making one group of Booksmarks in Bold Face while leaving the other group in its current Light Face. It seems to me like it would be so much easier to identify at a glance rather than having to go down the list to find the site you are looking for. I hope this is not too dumb a question.

Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:05 PM

Both Internet Explorer and Firefox provide ways to organize your bookmarks or favorites or what-have-you. The most common way is to organize by grouping bookmarks into folders and subfolders as needed. To access each, click on the header Bookmarks or Favorites and then "organize" same.

Firefox should also give you separators which are lines between the bookmarks or folders as you desire.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:12 PM

For Mozilla or Firefox, the path is: Bookmarks/manage bookmarks. You can create new folders, separators, and then move or rename existing bookmarks. Since this is stored in your profile file, they will not be effected when you install a new version of the application.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 03 June 2005 - 03:13 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 bgorrah

bgorrah
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:39 PM

pchartwell and jgweed.....Thank you both for your prompt response to my dumb question. I put in separators between the different groups and it now looks great and will make it much easier for me to find the site I want. I'm so glad I joined this group.
Posted Image
Systemax Venture SBM 3, Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1, Intel Processor, 4 GB Memory, 64 Bit O.S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users