Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Selling a notebook online

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WhyZeeGuy

WhyZeeGuy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:38 AM

I posted my notebook computer forsale at Craigslist's and have received emails from just about every internet scammer out there. :thumbsup: They're in the UK traveling and need the item to shipped NOW for their graduating son/daughter to some other foreign address and they'll throw in an extra $250 for shipping ya de ya da this that and the other. Next the spoof PayPal email comes in, all kinds of nasty little links to click on, ya'll know the deal. :flowers:

eBay only wants 99% of my sell price so they're out.....

What are some good tech sites to list a notebook computer forsale?

Your help and suggestions are appreciated.

Matt
Matt Davis a.k.a. WhyZeeGuy
TORO Racer B6xx
TCCRA Racer 3xx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:18 AM

Disable the email response option and post a "Throw-away phone" number (Prepaid Cell) Raise the price $40 to cover phone costs. Don't answer the phone let all calls go through to voice mail and check once per day.

Me and a few buddies do CL that way. (works best with multiple items to split the phone costs up on)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users