Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yet another freezing XP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Newb316

Newb316

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

I am having a continual problem with my computer beeping like a usb device is being connected and disconnected multiple times and the whole system locks up. Today alone it has happened twice. Yesterday it happened once, as well as the day before. I did just install a NVIDIA 8500 game card and a month before that bought a wireless keyboard and mouse and a new Linksys wireless router that I am connected to using a LAN cable. I am also using a wired mouse on top of my wireless mouse if this is important. It has seemed to be occurring more since I installed the 8500 game card. That is just an assumption. All the system devices seem to be working ok.

The event properies for today says:
-The iPod Service sevice was successfully sent to a start control 8:49
-Application popup: apdproxy.exe - Unable to locate component: This application has failed to start because ConnAPL.DLL was not found. Re-installing this application my fix this problem. 8:48( I got an error message about the ConnAPL.DLL when I restarted my computer this last time. This is the first time this has happened.)
-The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the stopped state 8:48
-The HTTP SSL service was successfully sent a start control 8:48
-A bunch of other stuff which didn't seem to be abnormal
-The Wireless Zero Config service entered the stopped state

!- The system detected the network adapter Linksys...PCI Adapter #2- Packet Scheduler Miniport was disconnected from the network, and the adapter's network configuration was released. If the adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drivers. 8:47:41am
- Same error at 8:47:21am (Around this time is when my computer locked up again.)

This last one seems to be a big issue. I am using a new Linksys wireless router, which I am connected to using a Lan cable. This is also a new addition to my system network.

This is an interesting Information report that has been in the Event Properties many times
-The time service is now synchronizing the system time ... 8:41:23 am today
-The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsychronized. 3:46:01 am today
-The same information report on 2/20/2009 at 3:45:28

This time stamp issue has come up may times in the past year.

2/19/2009
-The system detected that network adapter Linksys...PCI Adapter #2-Packet Scheduler Miniport was disconnected . . . 2:05:57
-The system detected that network adapter Linkysy...PCI Adapter #2 -Packet Scheduler Miniport was connected to the network, and has intiated operation over the network adapter. 2:05:37pm
-Linksys disconnected again at 7:35:43am
-Linksys connected to network at 7:35:17am

I would appreciate any help that someone could give me. Let me know if you need more info about my system.

Sean

Edited by Newb316, 21 February 2009 - 11:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

Is there anything in the Event Viewer that occurs at exactly the time you hear the beeping?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Newb316

Newb316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:16 PM

It is really hard to pin point the exact time. The computer froze right after these few reports:
-The iPod Service sevice was successfully sent to a start control 8:49
-Application popup: apdproxy.exe - Unable to locate component: This application has failed to start because ConnAPL.DLL was not found. Re-installing this application my fix this problem. 8:48( I got an error message about the ConnAPL.DLL when I restarted my computer this last time. This is the first time this has happened.)
-The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the stopped state 8:48
-The HTTP SSL service was successfully sent a start control 8:48
-A bunch of other stuff which didn't seem to be abnormal
-The Wireless Zero Config service entered the stopped state

!- The system detected the network adapter Linksys...PCI Adapter #2- Packet Scheduler Miniport was disconnected from the network, and the adapter's network configuration was released. If the adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drivers. 8:47:41am
- Same error at 8:47:21am (Around this time is when my computer locked up again.)

I did try disconnecting my wired mouse. It seemed to be working well the past couple days. It just froze a moment ago. I got a couple new reports right before it:
-The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started. (09:03:25)
-The description for Event ID ( 2002 ) in Source ( EAPOL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The event log file is corrupt.. (09:01:22)
-The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Bonjour Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: mDNSResponder started (09:01:01)

Thanks for your time Budapest,
Sean

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

The system detected the network adapter Linksys...PCI Adapter #2- Packet Scheduler Miniport was disconnected from the network, and the adapter's network configuration was released. If the adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drivers.

You should try reinstalling the driver as recommended.

Application popup: apdproxy.exe - Unable to locate component: This application has failed to start because ConnAPL.DLL was not found. Re-installing this application my fix this problem.

This is related to Adobe Photoshop.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Newb316

Newb316
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:09 AM

I did try reinstalling Linksys with no luck. I will try again after class. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users