Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

w.internet explorer 8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jan1998

jan1998

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:40 AM

HI ,
! instal w.explorer 8 and when upate vista is w.internet explorer stop working( the ordinal 650could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll. :huh:
HOW TO REMOVE INT:EXPLORER 8? :huh:
THANKS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:53 AM

From this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787

To uninstall Internet Explorer 8
For Windows Vista users

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. In the left pane, click Control Panel Home if you are in Classic View.
3. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
4. In the left panel, click View installed updates.
5. Wait a few seconds for all updates to appear on the list, then scroll down and select Windows Internet Explorer 8 Release Candidate 1.
6. Click Uninstall.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 jan1998

jan1998
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:39 AM

From this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787

To uninstall Internet Explorer 8
For Windows Vista users

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. In the left pane, click Control Panel Home if you are in Classic View.
3. Click Uninstall a program under Programs.
4. In the left panel, click View installed updates.
5. Wait a few seconds for all updates to appear on the list, then scroll down and select Windows Internet Explorer 8 Release Candidate 1.
6. Click Uninstall.

HI.
!do ewrithing -uninstal but is still the same !!

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

Have you rebooted your system?

If so, then you're going to have to manually uninstall it. I've never done this so my suggestions won't have a lot of detail.
But, basically, you're going to have to locate the KB article number for the IE8 updated, then search your hard drive for that number string.
If you're lucky there'll be an entry about ...unins... in there - and that should be the way to uninstall it manually.

Let us know if you can find that stuff
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 El_Tel

El_Tel

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:20 AM

I to have been :huh: looking for a way to remove IE8 and have found this " How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8 "

:huh:
Posted Image

Tarrah then... Why not check my Intro

Many Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users