Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Glary utilities

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 akuigla

akuigla

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:09 AM

Hello friends,
Iv found a nice software called Glary utilities.It has optio of one click maintenance. It will check your registry,startup,remove spyware and adaware and few other functios!Sometimes it find up to 10 registry problems,lists them and fix all with one click!I have to admit that it didn remove malware I had for a couple of monts,but Malware bytes did.But it is handy as on-demand.
Hope somebody will use this info,
Aku
If you give a fish to a hungry man,you have feed him for one day.If you teach a man how to fish,you have feed him for the whole life!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:31 AM

The usefulness of cleaning the registry is highly overrated and can be dangerous. In most cases, using a cleaner to remove obsolete, invalid, and erroneous entries does not affect system performance but it can result in "unpredictable results". Unless you have a particular problem that requires a registry edit to correct it, I would suggest you leave the registry alone. Using registry cleaning tools unnecessarily or incorrectly could lead to disastrous effects on your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. For routine use, the benefits to your computer are negligible while the potential risks are great.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 akuigla

akuigla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

Uh.I didn know that.Until now I thought that disk defragmenting,chk disk and registry cleaning greatly improves pc-s performance.Will you, please, tell me how to keep my pc at top shape at all times.Im,after Iv got virus inside my pc,paranoic aboit viruses,trojans,worms and other pc-s blood suckers!is it ok to have more than one anti virus and one anti malware software.And how I can wath you tube movies without my pc stopping every ten seconds.
Thanks,
Aku
If you give a fish to a hungry man,you have feed him for one day.If you teach a man how to fish,you have feed him for the whole life!

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:59 PM

You do not want to run more than one anti virus at a time because they can create false positives. You can run multiple application for malware and spyware.

To properly protect your compute nowdays you need to have a anti virus and a firewall, most of these will automatically update themselves. There are some things that a anti virus may not pick up, so you will want to have other application to run scans with, two that I like are SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes. Before you run scans with these you will need to update them for the latest definitions. Microsoft updates is another thing that you want to keep current, most of them deal with the security of the operating system.

Defragging and chkdsk are good for the computer, it's only the registry cleaners that can cause problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 akuigla

akuigla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for your answer.I like to watch yuotube fishing movies,especially jigging tehniques.But the picture stops every 10-15 seconds or so for 5-10 sec.It is very annoying.It is better after I do chck disk and defragmenting but only for couple of days.Any idea how to fix it.Is out there something like youtube optimizer or something you can reccomend?

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:40 AM

What kind of connection are you using for Internet?

How much RAM do you have?

What operating system are you using?

#7 akuigla

akuigla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:35 AM

Connection is dial up wireless HSDPA USB modem
RAM is 1.00 GB
Sistem is Windows vista home premium

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:45 AM

Your first problem is the dialup connection, these generally are too slow for watching videos and will cause buffering, that starting and stopping.

1GB of RAM is not really enough to get Vista operating properly, I would add another 1GB.

#9 akuigla

akuigla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

Thank you for your answer.My another problem is that my laptop wont start once in 5-6 times.I press power button,but nothing happens.Inside I can hear my laptop is working,but screen is black.Than I would take battery off proper place-its dell inspiron 1521 battery-and after about 15 secs I d put it back,start again and every time is ok.What is it?Is my laptop infected?
Regards,
Aku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users