Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows XP sharing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 apple

apple

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:06 PM

anyone know how set desktop pc for sharing its printer with a laptop, the system is wireless, the pc with the printer is connected directly to the wall along with the wireless base. i'm trying to use thyat pc's printer with my laptop. i did go to the pc printer under properties and check the box for sharing. anything else that has to be done to the desktop. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:22 PM

Hello apple. try this:control panel\printers and other hardware\add a printer\select printer connection, browse for your printer,select it and print!
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#3 apple

apple
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2005 - 07:30 AM

ok, everything seems to be checked in my windows unit, nothing is showing up on my apple laptop when it scans for new printers. when it scans it should pick up any printers that are hooked up to a wireless network and available for sharing. any ideas.thanks

#4 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:33 AM

I am away from home and no way to try this to see if it works. maybe add a network place on the windows os for the printer, then see if the network place appears on the laptop. If not, add it there too.

#5 apple

apple
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:15 AM

so far i have the laptop showing that the page that i want to print is on hold, something is not egaging the printer on my desktop to start the printing. everything seems to be working except the actual printing. my laptop is loading the printing job(number of pages) but its not sending it to the desktop.

#6 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:35 AM

The last time I had the problem, I created a network place for the printer and loaded the printer driver on the laptop. Maybe it just needs the driver. \also, without a network place it does not know where the printer is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users