Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant burn video

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 djkommando

djkommando

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

a while back a tried burning movies and kept getting errors and i just bought a new burner and it worked for a little while. then not too long ago i tried to burn a movie and noticed that the computer didnt recognize either of my burners existed. i fixed that problem but once again neither drive will burn movies but audio works just fine. any ideas please let me konw
thanks
jeremy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 my77

my77

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

I ran into a problem trying to record on to a blank DVD and here is my experience:

I wanted to record home videos/movies from VHS tape to DVD.

I spent a lot of time researching recording on to a blank DVD.

There are 2 types of blank DVDs that you record on:

1st type is a negative blank DVD & it is marked DVD-R

2nd type is a positive blank DVD & it is marked DVD+R

Most DVD Recorders are programmed to record to only the negative blank DVD & it is marked DVD-R.

But some DVD Recorders are programmed to record to only the positive blank DVD & it is marked DVD+R.

Also some DVD Recorders will record to both types of blank DVDs.

The maximum time you can record to a blank DVD at best quality (SP) is 120min.

The brand of blank DVDs doesn't matter, they are all good quality.

You have to check the operating manual of the DVD Recorder that you intend to use for recording and purchase the proper type of blank DVD for that Recorder.

I intended to record using my DVD Recorder/Burner on my computer but discovered there were many limitations such as:

An external video playback source cannot be plugged in to my computer as there are no video input sockets/jacks.

I would have to install a video/tv card to my computer and this card would then have the video input-output sockets/jacks that I require.

I did purchase 2 all in one TV cards installed them and tried recording but they were not user friendly.

After reviewing the video recording software available to me on my computer, I found:

- I was limited to record only at the SP (high speed) for 2hrs
- Time settings where not available or very difficult to set up.

Too many hassles!!!!

I bought a very resonable priced DVD Recorder/Player (Samsung, Model DVD R150).

This DVD Recorder/Player records with no problems and I found very easy to operate. (Same as using a vhs tape recorder/player)

Any Video/Audio source can be plugged in for recording such as, tv, camera, vhs tape player, DVD player , etc.

Conclusion:

An external DVD Recorder/Player much easier to use then a built in computer DVD Recorder/Player.

There are 2 types of blank DVDs available: a negative blank DVD (DVD-R)
and a positive blank DVD (DVD+R).

Check the operating manual of the DVD Recorder/Burner/Player that you intend to use for recording and purchase the proper type of blank DVD for that Recorder/Burner/Player.

Special note: I did try re-recordable DVDs. (DVD+RW or DVD-RW) is a re-recordable format . The data on a re-recordable DVD/RW disc can be erased and recorded over numerous times.

I found these re-recordable DVDs very tempermental and just a hassle to use.

Audio blank CDs which are CD-R (negative) are the most common used for recording on to a blank CD.

Happy Recording!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users