Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Foxfire

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cluelessgene

cluelessgene

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:57 AM

My Mozilla browser is not working to good with the latest Java; can I update to Foxfire with Mozilla installed to ensure I get all my bookmarks transferred and then uninstall Mozilla?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:41 PM

I run both on my computer, and updating and transferring bookmarks between the two is very simple and fast. I have had no problems, by the way, with Mozilla Suite and the new Sun Java.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 cluelessgene

cluelessgene
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:27 PM

Maybe you would give me a clue then. Mozilla wants to reload java everytime I need it while my I/E just purrs along.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:40 PM

I would suggest you uninstall whatever Java version you have, and then go to Sun and get the latest JavaRuntimeEnvironment, and install it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users