Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Sound on WinXP Professional

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 neloms

neloms

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:54 AM

So I was running Windows 2000 before I upgraded to XP Pro. I always had sound, no problem. As soon as I loaded XP, my sound was gone. I've checked the drivers and the device status - it tells me everything is working properly. I've checked all the connections and the speakers are turned on. The card I'm using is a Creative Sound Blaster PCI. Any suggestions? I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 computingelite

computingelite

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:02 PM

remove the card from device manager and readd, make sure that ALL volume controls are set and nothing is on mute.

#3 neloms

neloms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:55 AM

I've tried that too.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2005 - 12:20 PM

Well, what happened when you rebooted?
Did P&P find the card you removed and reinstall it?

#5 neloms

neloms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:24 PM

Yes, the computer reinstalled the driver and the system indicates everything should work. But no luck.... This is a real stumper.

#6 madestmax

madestmax

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:26 AM

What motherboard are you running? I have an ECS that uses an amr modem. I installed a new PCI modem and my sound would not work either untill I installed the drivers for the amr card that I uninstalled. Any AMD motherboard cd will help you with that problem. If you'r using an AMD cpu. You can go to Amptron or ECS to download the modem for you'r board and install it.

Sounds silly. But untill I put in my mainboard cd for xp to detect a modem in an empty slot. I had no sound. It's the audio driver it needs from that modem to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users