Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

screen_freez

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chx101

chx101

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hie am new to this site and it seems helpful. I have an IBM ThinkPad T42 designed for XP, i upgraded it to Vista and then downgraded it to XP after 2 days the screen started to freeze unexpectedly and sometimes it goes blank. i thought it was a virus so i formatted it 3 times since i had nothing to lose. over the past 2 or 3 weeks the problem still exists but after like an idleness of an hour or so...I upgraded my BIOS and DELETED everything completely...but the screen still freezes and sometimes when reboot it it takes like 15 reboots to boot...could it be the computer itself? please help im so uhh...
your help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:14 AM

Hi there! :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer!

I see a potential issue with Memory faults.

Will you, please, give me more information or more symptoms that you are having so I can further help you diagnose the problem?

#3 chx101

chx101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

sorry about the delay.
when the pc freezes the LCD sometimes goes blank and when i "shake" it the screen comes back while the pc is still frozen.
the screen gives kind of like a scrambled signal and the light that normally goes on when the pc is processing goes off and it freaks me out that i just wanna :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users