Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blocking pop-ups

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adloka

adloka

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:45 AM

Several weeks ago, I tried to download a song off the internet. BIG MISTAKE since I'd never done it before and didn't know what I was doing. The door came open and all the BUGS flew in.

Heres what I've done so far:
Run numerous scans on: Microsoft AntiSpyware, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE Personal and Norton Antivirus and cleared off all reccomended spyware.

Set my popup blocker higher, added numerous sites to my 'Restricted Site' and blocked numerous sites in Privacy.

Ran Hijackthis and CWShredder and downloaded a recommended host file.

Problem that remains: I'm still getting numerous popups that don't quite load. I get 'page cannot be displayed' and 'cannot find server' on these popups.
How in the world can I get rid of these??
The web site that comes up over and over again but cannot load all the way (it gets page cannot be displayed) is www.loadingwebsite.com. Anyone ever heard of this website? If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:06 AM

I've just tried to access the website www.loadingwebsite.com but it came up with access denied, probably because I use Firefox and in addition strictly control the cookie rights. So I suggest you download and use Firefox 1.0.4 then use Hijackthis to create a log and post a new thread in the appropriate area of this forum for one of the experts to analyse.
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:52 PM

If you post a HijackThis! log, please carefully read the instructions about the process:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/How...s_Log-t956.html

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users