Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook restore problem re: contacts and schedule

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TamraRL

TamraRL

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

Hello. I am having a problem with Outlook 2007. I had a serious issue with my installation and had to reinstall Outlook. I have my backed up .pst and have successfully restore it -- sort of.

I have all of my mail and folders back, but I do not have any of my contacts or schedule information. I have looked around online and everything seems to say that these items ARE in the .pst file. Why do I see my messages, but not the contacts and schedule info?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Justa

Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:49 AM

I hope you still have your backup pst file unmodified as it was before the reinstall. If you still have it I would make an extra copy of it as it probably still has the data on it. It has been years since I was lost pst data through corruption but it was an experience that I will never forget. I have been doing redundant backups of the pst file since.

What type of installation problems caused you to have do the reinstall? Was all your database information, mail, folders, calander and contacts working properly at this time prior to the reinstall? Have you sync'd the data with any other software or programs? Cell phone sync software can be used to overwrite pst data and have been know to corrupt pst files. Are you using a Microsoft Exchange server or interfacing with another mail program either on your PC or online? Microsoft Exchange stores it's data in a ost file. Did you import any data during the install of Outlook? Did you restore you pst file thorough Data File Management? I am not sure if I can help but this is where I would start.

Good Luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users