Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista Low Sound, and Microphone.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zOmgRae

zOmgRae

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:55 PM

I just got my new KICKASS rig. It was a pain the ass to get up and running, but it's here - and I'm a first time Vista user.

It's currently running with Windows Vista SP1. My trouble is as follows:

I was getting no sounds from my speakers. I took myself to Realtek and downloaded drivers. Upon doing so, it took away my little red/orange sound icon in my system bar, but I did gain some sound. All sounds are turned up, and still it's very soft. It's leaving me scratching my head, that's for sure.

Also, when plugging my Gamecon headset into the front panel I get absolutely nothing. I tried the whole 'disabling front panel' trick to no avail. The HEADSET part of it works when plugged into the back panel, but it's not picking up my microphone at all - which is annoying since I use Skype/Ventrilo. It simply reads as "No Microphone Plugged In", etc.

The speakers I'm using are from ibuypower. Two side speakers and a subwoofer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 AM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

Even though you have the Realtek processor chip, you would be better off getting the driver from the computer manufacturer
Sometimes there are some tweaks and modifications
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users