Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Top Viruses in 2004 so far, as reported by F-Secur

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 harrywaldron

harrywaldron

Security Reporter

• Members
  • 509 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 30 April 2004 - 08:29 AM

Top Viruses in 2004 so far, as reported by F-Secure
http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/

Now that different Netsky variants rule the earth (there are 7 different Netsky variants in top 10 right now), it's easy to forget how big problem the Mydoom worm was just three months ago.

To put things into perspective, here's out stats for 2004 so far, sorted by the percent of all infections:

1  Mydoom.A  46.4 %
  2  Netsky.D  12.5 %
  3  Netsky.B  10.7 %
  4  NetSky.p  9.7 %
  5  Swen.A    2.0 %
  6  Netsky.Q  1.8 %
  7  Netsky.C  1.6 %
  8  Netsky.T  1.4 %
  9  Dumaru.A  1.2 %
10  Sobig.F    1.1 %

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ZeYusAngelBee

ZeYusAngelBee

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 30 April 2004 - 01:58 PM

I receive about 10 emails with attachments that set off my on board Anti-virus program for my email client.

Only in Yahoo.

In MSN, the file is scanned with McAfee and for some reason, you can still open the attachment. Maybe it is a glitch...

It seems these people have nothing better to do than write viruses and worms.......maybe they should get a real job for once. :thumbsup:
~~ZeYusAngelBee~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users