Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partitioning problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 annon

annon

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:06 AM

I have 320 GB HDD on my laptop.

HDD is WDC WD3200BEVT-22ZCT0

There are four partitions on the hard disk. 2 of them are C: (144 GB) and D: (140 GB). Another 2 are used for EISA Configuration (no idea what it means).
C: and D: are my primary partitions.

I tried to make a new 20GB partition using free space on D: . But it seems it cannot make anymore partition since I'm using Vista Home Premium.

I want to install the new partition with Mandriva Linux. But there was an error saying something like 'cannot create partition since maximal number of primary partition have been reached. Please removed a primary partition and create an extended partition'. Is there a limit to the number of primary partition i can create on the hard disk? I also cannot used the Acronix Disk Partition and Paragon Partition to make anymore partition.

Is there a way to create more than 2 primary partitions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users