Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control Panel won't open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 purerange899

purerange899

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:32 PM

My problem started a long time ago, maybe a year. I have not taken action until now when it is annoying me too much.
I've tried to fix it by running some vista tweaks, and running some virus scans and such. Both have been unsuccessful and i have not been caught with any viruses.
There are NO error messages, loads, makes a process, but never opens.
My specs are Posted Image

Summary: My problem is that my control panel WILL NOT OPEN. I have tried for a long time to get it to work. I try to open it, and it loads, but never opens up. My task manager looks something like Posted Image
I am requesting assistance from my fellow vista users. Thank you beforehand, purerange899.

Edited by purerange899, 19 February 2009 - 11:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:59 AM

I have seen this problem prior. Make sure that you obtain all your windows updates.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 purerange899

purerange899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:38 AM

I have seen this problem prior. Make sure that you obtain all your windows updates.

I do have all the windows updates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users